Applicants may submit through this track proposals to work in partnership with NCFHP-funded service delivery sites to supplement enabling services and support career development for bilingual health professionals. Learn more and apply.
Funding focus: NCFHP-supported service delivery sites often have a need for temporary enabling staff during the peak growing season. Funds may be used to support recruitment, training, placement, and supervision of temporary enabling staff at service delivery sites. Funds may also support farmworker engagement and needs assessment activities to help inform NCFHP’s program development and quality improvement initiatives.
Funding preferences: Preference will be given to applicants based on the criteria listed below.
- Demonstrates the ability to increase the capacity of NCFHP Service Delivery Sites to provide enabling services to farmworkers in NCFHP’s service area.
- Demonstrates experience with administering a temporary enabling staff program or internship.
- Demonstrates the ability to support career development for bilingual health professionals.
- Proposes an effective strategy to recruit people with lived experience as farmworkers or from farmworker families for temporary enabling staff opportunities.
- Proposes an effective strategy to collect and utilize feedback from participants (temporary enabling staff and NCFHP service delivery sites) to improve the quality of the program.
- Proposes an effective strategy to engage farmworkers and solicit feedback.
- Demonstrates the ability to foster strong partnerships with NCFHP-supported service delivery sites.
- Can meet NCFHP requirements and expectations outlined in the application.