¡Únase a un equipo dinámico dedicado a mejorar la salud de trabajadores agrícolas migrantes y temporeros en Carolina del Norte!
Come join a dynamic team dedicated to improving the health of migrant and seasonal farmworkers in North Carolina!
The North Carolina Farmworker Health Program (NCFHP) at the Office of Rural Health, NC DHHS, works to improve the health of migrant and seasonal farmworkers and their families by providing funding, training, and technical assistance to a statewide network of outreach and health care providers. We are expanding our team with 2 temporary positions and are looking for self-motivated individuals who are excited to be part of a close-knit team working on our COVID response and vaccination efforts.
We’re looking for bilingual individuals (Spanish/English) who have experience developing innovative strategies to respond to the needs of the community, providing training, project management and facilitation.
Job Title: COVID-19 Response Team Member
Description of Work
The North Carolina Farmworker Health Program (NCFHP), within the Office of Rural Health, NC Department of Health and Human Services, is seeking two temporary employees to join the program’s COVID-19 response team. The vacancies are full-time temporary positions beginning as soon as possible through December 31, 2021. The primary purpose of this position is to support the North Carolina Farmworker Health Program’s vaccination and covid response efforts among the farmworker population. Job responsibilities will vary depending upon changing needs but can include:
- Communicate with state agencies and other partners to coordinate COVID-19 outbreak response, testing and vaccination activities for the state’s farmworker population.
- Provide technical assistance and support to county-level farmworker vaccine teams.
- Provide technical assistance and support to outreach workers at funded sites.
- Coordinate procurement of personal protective equipment and other supplies for farmworker health agencies and partners.
- Assist with additional NCFHP activities related to COVID-19 vaccination and response as needed, including analyzing data and developing educational materials.
- Ability to develop and implement strategies to respond to the needs in the community.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with organizations, agencies, communities, and individuals.
- Experience with underserved and vulnerable populations.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing in Spanish.
- Ability to work independently and in a team.
- Experience with public health or social work (or a public health or social work educational background).
- Experience working with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Experience working with state agencies, non-profits, health programs and/or federally qualified health centers.
Hours: Full-time: 40 hours per week
Primary Office Location: Office of Rural Health, 311 Ashe Ave., Cooke Building, Raleigh, NC (Due to COVID-19, all ORH permanent and temporary employees are currently teleworking until State guidance changes)
Hourly range: $24-$30
Benefits through Temporary Solutions (temp agency used by DHHS): Temporary employees placed on assignments that require 30 hours or more per week are eligible for health insurance. However, Temporary Solutions does not offer leave benefits such as vacation, sick or paid holidays.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to Zoe Cummings at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Interviews will be held as soon as the week of April 5th, 2021. Positions open until filled.