NC Farmworker Health Program, Office of Rural Health
Internet connectivity project coordinator
Temporary Position Announcement
Location: Raleigh, NC (teleworking options based on current State guidance)
The North Carolina Farmworker Health Program (NCFHP), within the Office of Rural Health, NC DHHS, has received federal funds to respond to the COVID-19 pandemic. We plan to utilize these funds to deliver wireless internet connectivity to as many farm labor camps as possible in NC. Internet connectivity will enable farmworkers to access telehealth services from outreach workers and medical providers who are no longer able to visit camps in person due to lack of PPE. We are seeking a project coordinator to develop the project and to oversee the installation of internet at farm labor camps statewide. The vacancy is a full-time, time limited, temporary position beginning as soon as possible and ending mid-November.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Identify appropriate internet connectivity solutions for farm labor camps
- Develop and implement a statewide farm labor camp connectivity plan with feasible scope and budget
- Communicate about relevant project activities with key stakeholders including growers, crew leaders, farmworkers, health outreach workers, and medical providers
- Collaborate with other state agencies on broadband infrastructure projects as they pertain to this initiative
- Assist with additional NCFHP activities as needed
- Occasional travel within North Carolina for meetings with project stakeholders (pending relaxation of State travel restrictions)
- Ability to collaborate with a diverse group of stakeholders
- Familiarity with telecommunications networks (wireline or wireless)/broadband infrastructure
- Project management/lead experience
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to work quickly and independently
- Spanish language capability
- Familiarity with telemedicine technology
Hourly Range: $20.00 to $30.00
Work Hours: 8:30-5:00, Monday – Friday
Benefits through Temporary Solutions (temp agency used by DHHS): If you are placed on an assignment that requires you to work 30 hours or more per week, you will be eligible for health insurance. However, Temporary Solutions does not offer leave benefits such as: vacation, sick, or paid holidays.
To apply: Please submit a cover letter and resume to Kate Furgurson at email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Position open until filled.